Verina Henchy is a certified Wise Hippo Practitioner in the Peterborough, Stamford, Kettering, Oundle, North Cambridgeshire, Rutland and surrounding area and she is an experienced doula and registered homeopath – giving you the complete advantage in your Hypnobirthing training.
What is Hypnobirthing?
“The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is not only about teaching women how to have a positive birth experience.
Its about creating strong, confident mothers who inherently trust themselves, and, by using their natural instincts, make choices that are right for themselves and their families“.
Hypnobirthing helps you to understand the connection between your mind and body, and how to ensure that they are working together in the best possible way, for both your labour and life in general.
Hypnobirthing lets you discover and experience the joy and magic of a positive birth, teaching you how to put yourself in control of your pregnancy and birth.
Hypnobirthing empowers pregnant people and their partners to trust themselves and the choices that they make so that they can achieve the best birth possible, knowing that their baby had ‘the right birth on the day’.
Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal programme focussing on a combination of education, self-hypnosis, breathing techniques and deep relaxation to help you achieve a more comfortable birth.
What will you LOSE using this recognised and researched programme?
- The fear of childbirth
- The old misperceptions that childbirth is always painful
- The sense of lack of control
What will you GAIN?
- A sense of confidence
- A sense of empowerment
- An opportunity to build stronger bonds with your partner and baby
- Preparation for the role of the birth partner
- Tools that will enable you to remain calm, relaxed and in control during your baby’s birth no matter what path your birthing takes
The focus is on teaching you and your birth partner some simple but specialised relaxation and breathing techniques and these make the whole experience of birth easier, calmer and more comfortable. This is a comprehensive course which includes a handbook and a range of high quality MP3 downloads for use in your daily practice.
Here’s what you will learn in your Hypnobirthing classes:
- Fear-tension pain and the theories behind using self-hypnosis in labour and birth
- Building a positive mental attitude
- Learning to relax more quickly, more deeply
- Using language effectively and changing your attitude to pain
- Protecting yourself against negative thinking
- How your partner can help
- Visualising your birth
- Experiencing positive birth stories through film and narratives
- Coping with labour stage by stage
- Breathing techniques
- Positions and movement
- How your partner can help with massage and support
- The birthing environment
- Planning your birth preferences
This programme is offered over a four week period of sessions 2.5 hours in length. Classes are structured but informal and I teach a maximum of 3 couples in each group or 1:1 sessions in the privacy of your own home.
For more information and to book a space, please email: