- Before I support you as a digital/virtual Doula, I offer a FREE 20 minute phone conversation/short text/email exchange. Please note that I cannot respond to your request for support if:
- you are in established labour and/or about to birth your baby,(unless steps 2 and 3 have been completed)
- you are in an emergency situation
In these circumstances you should call your local Emergency Services (111/999 in the UK) to receive help.
- Our initial phone/text/email chat will be followed by a video chat (approx 30 mins), so that we can build a rapport/relationship to best meet your needs and expectations from virtual support. Seeing each other ‘face to face’ via video chat is key to me supporting you further, which can then be via phone/text/email or video chat. A deposit of £150.00 is required at this point – this is occasionally reimbursed in situations of extreme financial hardship.
- During the video chat, I will require you to provide me with Photo ID and one form of proof of address, to be shown to me by holding these up to the camera . I will take a screenshot of you and your ID and store this data securely in line with GDPR guidelines. I will also provide my ID and relevant certificate of qualification so that you are reassured in dealing with me.
- If we decide to proceed further, I will write up a simple contract between us, detailing hours of support, fee, and an outline of what is expected by both parties. This contract is then emailed to you for your signature and sent back to me before support commences. My support will not commence unless this contract is signed by you.
- Should you ask for, or require my support in any way, prior to contracts being signed, I will refer you to a relevant helpline number or direct you to your local care provider to help you as I am not able to provide support to you without a signed agreement.
- My fee needs to be transferred via bank deposit or Paypal prior to support commencing and I will need to confirm that this has been done by checking my account.